A couple weeks ago B and I were able to go to Linville Caverns! At our churches fall festival last year I won some tickets in the silent auction and we finally decided to use them! It was a beautiful day and it was so enjoyable just to get away for the day!
Brandon loved the thought of taking this picture! It's like something you would see in one of those circulating emails! After the people saw us taking pictures they decided to read the sign and then got off the rocks!
These are pictures of me looking at rocks in the creek :D
Of course since I am taking Geology this semester I had to inform Brandon on why the rocks looked the way they did, what kind of rocks they were, and how the massive boulders ended up in a small trickling creek! "It's because a huge flood came through here a long time ago!"
~p.s. I didn't learn THAT in my Geology class...go figure!
I love this picture! The sun was shining so pretty that day....oh and did I mention that the picture also has a good lookin man in it?!
Anyway, here starts our adventure! I was so excited! I had been to the caverns several years ago, but I didn't remember a whole lot & plus it was our first time going together :)
I love seeing God's handy work! It's so amazing to think that He made all of this without even breakin a sweat! I love how He chooses to use *little* things in His creation (big things to us) to show how MIGHTY and AWESOME He is! Every time I see God's creation and how He fashions it and cares for it...it reminds me of just how much more He care for me! ~Enough to give His Son for!
I really like this picture and the next one too! Everywhere we go I have to get a picture of the two of us together because I just love having those to look back on! I hate asking people to take pictures of us, but I knew if I didn't then I would be leaving regretting it!
After Linville Brandon and I decided to go into Asheville...when we finally got parked we were walking the streets and found this...
You may ask.."what's so special about a statue?" IT'S NOT A STATUE!! I found this quiet interesting, silly, and perplexing all at the same time! He would start moving like a robot and play his guitar then just freeze! Weird...I know! He probably knew too by the look on my face as I walked by him!!
And then what's a better way to end the night than at Mellow Mushroom!? It was such nice weather we were able to sit outside! And let me tell you...it was some good eatin!
Asheville was neat...that's about the only word I could use to describe it! haha I don't think we chose a very good weekend to go because it was Octoberfest or some crazy thing like that. But I did leave feeling like I got enough of Ashville to last me the rest of my life...so I guess that's a good thing? Anyway, we had a great, fun, and beautiful day in the mountains together~that's all that matters :)
What fun!! Yes, Asheville is uh, hmm, different. Thanks for sharing your fun! And your pictures!
ReplyDeleteI love this!! I just went on a field trip to the Forbidden Caverns in Tennessee. I love looking at God's creation.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Emma