Friday, October 14, 2011

Sadie Turns 1!!!!

A few weeks ago was my puppy's first birthday!! I can't believe it...they grow up so fast! haha...okay, I am being a little over dramatic! But, since it was her "first" we had to celebrate, atleast I thought so...Brandon could have probably cared less :)  So, what's a birthday without a cake, right!? I made Sadie her very first dog edible birthday cake!


 



While I was making her cake, Sadie patiently waited, like a nice little girl, for me to finish! I have to say I don't think she has ever sat that still for so long! I took a ton of pictures cause she just sat there! She knew something was going on! Of course she knew something was going on, I had only been telling her ALL WEEK, "Sadie, your birthday's Saturday!" 




This is my favorite picture!



When I was finally done with her cake & wrapping her present she was so excited and ready to get into all of it!! I love the look on her face in the picture on the right!
Sadie- "p.p.please mom? Can I get into it now!?"

 Well, we finally gave her some...

 **This picture cracks me up** 
Brandon said, "Girls look at me!" And both me and Sadie looked at the same time! She's so smart!! :)

She LOVED her cake! AND her present...


So all was well on Sadie's birthday & she got everything she had asked for: a bone that will last longer than thirty minutes!! Needless to say she was a VERY HAPPY DOG!!!

4 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up! You are such a good mom to make your dog a cake! And I don't think I ever seen her sit that still before either! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!
    I think I will do that for my Karlie girl.. Although something about it didn't look very appetizing to me, but Karlie was lickin her lips ...
    Happy Birthday Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Yeah!
    I made it with ingredients that I keep around the house and that are alright for dogs to eat too! So humans can eat it, but it just tastes like an organic granola bar or something! If your trying to diet that's a good kind of birthday cake to make cause you will not want to eat any of it!! haha...and of course i know this because i JUST HAD to try some!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never in my life seen someone make a birthday cake for their dog!! You crack me up!!
    Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete