Okay...I'm almost through with day 1!! It hasn't been too bad yet, but it is only the first day! haha! Here is what I have eaten today...
--Breakfast: Glass of all natural Grape Juice
--Lunch: A few Triskets (cracked pepper and olive oil)
--Snack: A lightly salted Qu*ker rice cake with all natural peanut butter and honey
--Supper: Texas Roadhouse--House salad (no dressing), Smothered Chicken (w/ onions, mushrooms, cheese) w/ vegetables
One HUGE thing I've realized, as of right now, is that the diet takes more of a toll on my mind than it does my body. So often I get into a routine of "I want this..so I'm gonna eat it", not even thinking about whether or not I am hungry or if it is healthy. Overall, today I haven't been real hungry. Like I said it's more of a battle of the mind. Sugar is a big obstacle for me...right now I don't FEEL like I need anything sweet, but I WANT to eat something sweet just because of habit and routine! Don't get me wrong I can still eat sweets, but instead of a pastry or **ICE CREAM** I can eat some melted unsweetened baker's chocolate, with a little Stevia (sugar that Sheri Rose suggest), and a some Honey!!
This 30 days definitely requires more of a change in lifestyle rather than a diet! They say it takes 30 days to break a habit...so maybe it will work :) Sheri Rose Shepherd continually emphasizes to her readers that "no food taste as good as being healthy feels!" I am really excited about the next 30 days--I know that it may be difficult at times, but I know that it will also be well worth it to enjoy my body and health in the way that the Lord has made it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment